Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm attracted to the everyman

You know what I realized? I'm pretty much attracted to everyone.
everyone that is a man that is.

Because guess what, I think everyone has something beautiful about them and its usually that "ONE THING" that I end up finding attractive. For example, a guy may have the ugliest butt chin, but if his eyes are gorgeous, I find him attractive no matter how heinous the chin.

Is that weird?

I suppose so...
But it's like really great songs. There's that ONE PART that you absolutely love and the rest of the song is just mediocre, but you still listen to the whole song for that one part. Eventually, you come to like all of the song. Its the same with guys. They may have the greatest smile or super cute ears and the rest of their features may just be average. It doesn't really matter all that much. 
The more I get to know a guy I can learn to accept the less attractive parts of him. They some how become attractive to me because of his personality (If I like his personality) 
Who woulda thought personality could have a physical impact on some ones appearance?

here's the problem with all of this.

I think I'm going to marry some one I don't find attractive.
I feel most comfortable around minimally handsome men.
Once I find something attractive about a guy, I don't really see them as a "brother" type friend anymore. Its like "O they're cute. Potential dating material!" even if I really consciously have no intent in dating them. Then, once I've realized I like something about them, I get all nervous in their presence or I feel like I have to be my best around them and I can't just joke around or be crazy kari. 
I don't particularly love that because I'm a genuine person.
  The guys that I like to be around I don't find attractive and I feel no need to impress them. This means I get to know them better and they're my best friends.
You're supposed to marry your best friend
even if they're ... well... ugly.


In the words of Elder Ballard "Get married. Just do it"
Everyone can be beautiful 



No comments:

Post a Comment