Friday, November 4, 2011

The Late Bloomer

I've been thinking about this recently....
And I am pretty sure I know what I want to do with my life. 

I've sort of always wanted to be a teacher; it has always been an appealing career.
but you see, I have this fear of being a terrible teacher. 
I think I could be great, but I know I could be horrible too.
hmm.

My friend lindsey tells me all the time that I have more potential than being a teacher, but in my eyes, teachers are some of the most influential people in the world. They shape our thoughts, the very way we perceive our world around us. Teachers have shaped my opinion and formed my beliefs throughout my life. 

Why wouldn't I want to do the same things for others? 

I just. I feel like I need to change the lives of others. I need to help others learn how to think outside the box and be open minded. I need to "SHOW" people the world. Really show it to them.
Perhaps the best way to do that is as a teacher. 

why do most people view teaching professions as unworthy careers? 

I can't think of a more worthy profession. 
I'm deciding to major in Interdisciplinary Humanities with an Art History emphasis and a French minor with intention to go into secondary education. 

:S



No comments:

Post a Comment