Saturday, January 21, 2012

The only long term relationship I have is with a Rabbi.

It's cool when a guy knows about cars.

I like knowing a guy can use his hands to fix, repair, and put back together the broken pieces and faulty parts of a vehicle. It gives me the faith that this knowledge will carry over into his life practices and he'll be able to fix my broken down days and patch the spots in my heart that are a little worn out.

Our hands should go hand-in-hand, not because that's just what hands do, but because that's what we want them to do.

I want him to embarrass me with corny kisses, but no serious PDA. Gross. Just enough to make me blush. Cause let's be real here, embarrassment can be kinda fun.

I want to look into his eyes and see everything.
I want to know he sees me.

When I see him around others, I should see his genuine love for people.
He can't be his main focus. I'm not looking for a narcissist. No dominant male-egos here. I'm too independent to deal with a man like that. No "little submissive housewife" though I may not have much choice on the "little wife" matter.

The gospel and the Lord should come first and foremost in his life. I need to know he loves his priesthood, there is nothing more important to me than that quality.

I need to know that he'll be the greatest father a little girl could ask for. His future daughters should be his little princesses and understand well what it means to be a "daddy's girls".
He should cherish his family and the time he has with them.

I expect him to come home from work and instead of walking in the door and asking "so what's for dinner?" he should ask, "How can I help?"
He should be a part of making dinner; the whole family should be.
There's no family image I love more than the idea of little boys helping chop the carrots for the dinner salad simply because they want to play with the knives, yet aren't old enough to do so without supervision. Dad helping the little girls wash the lettuce and set the table while he tells them how special they are to him.

He should talk to his children not only when it is convenient, but because it is his highest priority to make them feel loved. He shouldn't take his fatherhood stewardship as a role designed for periodic emotional check-ups, rather he should want to speak to his children daily.

He needs to get over pin-pricks of mutual annoyance. Sometimes, I just have bad days.

He should be the "just cause" man who shows me and tells me that he loves me.

I want a man who will tell me stories and read me poetry, the dark kind. Edgar Allen Poe.

I don't want to have to tell him when I'm having a bad day, I'm never good at mixing emotions and words. It's generally a near-fatal mixture. I just want him to somehow detect it, which is maybe asking too much from a man, but at least the remedy is simple. He should just hold me, lend me his shoulder, and pop in a sad movie or read me some Oscar Wilde until I drift off to sleep.

I don't need a complex man.
I love simplicity.

I just want someone who will grow old with me and continue to take me on romantic walks even when we have to hold each other up and move at a crawling pace. Old people in love are so CUTE!

Love is kindled and rekindled in the "just becauses" of life. A simple note tucked away into a pocket, an impromptu dance down the hallway, a gentle forehead kiss.
A little spontaneous love.  That's all I really want.

I don't need to be his focus, his whole world, his obsession, but I do need to know that I'm important, valued, and well, wanted.

I want him to be a reader. He should discuss, philosophize, analyze, theorize. I'm just asking for a little intellectual stimulation here. I want to be able to learn from him, even if it means letting down my walls and being a little less stubborn.

He needs to have fun, yet know when to be serious. I want to have the goofy childish instances with him that make us feel like we're lost in the laughter of the moment together. We should be crazy.
I also want to know he's not a clown. He can be serious, down to earth.

He should be a gentleman. He should be charming, yet dignified. I may be a tomboy at heart, but deep in my soul I still want to be treated like a lady.

I also think it'd be good for him to play a musical instrument. minus the piano.

I want to love his voice, his smell, his eyes.

I want to steal his clothes to sleep in at night.

He doesn't need to agree with me at all. I could care less if we see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. He does, however, need to be a great listener with an open mind.

I expect to find someone who will protect me, chase the nightmares away and make me feel safe in my own skin.

I also want him to speak another language. Spanish or Italian. Mainly Spanish.

He should never make me feel used or taken advantage of. He has to understand the meaning of "no" and understand I'm fragile.

This doesn't mean I need him to constantly tiptoe around my feelings and censor every thought to protect my emotional status; it simply means he needs to be considerate and courteous.

I don't think a relationship should be about "give and take" rather "give, and then give some more"
Yet, I know that you can't give yourself dry in a relationship. You should edify each other, expand each other, help each other grow, create each other, and ultimately help each other to love the Gospel and the Savior. You should be each others shoulders, support systems, and best friend. Love is about being there for each other.
I want some one that will be there for me no matter what.

I want to find some one who will stand out, which might be difficult to do here at BYU since everyone is already outstanding, but I believe it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment