Friday, September 2, 2011

Feeling Brainy

Throughout my first week of college, I've noticed all these intriguing little phrases and ideas from my textbooks. It makes my day. Seriously. Who knew textbooks could be so enlightening? I've never actually read one cover to cover...
Call me a nerd, but I think I'm falling in love with that idea.

I'm sitting here reading the Illiad and the banter between Acheilles and Agamemnon over the subject of Chryseis is just hilarious.
"She's no worse than her when it comes to looks, body, mind, or ability. Still, I'll give her back, if that's what's best." 
Ehem, notice how looks and body are prioritized over mind and ability. For over 2000 years this typical male thought process has only had one major change.
Chryseis became Angelina Jolie.

Yes ladies, men have been and will always be men.
(quoted from the Illiad)

On another note, I'm also loving all the religious talks that fit in with the subjects i'm studying. The gospel hand in hand with secular education truly makes SUCH a different. I practically feel brilliant.

practically.



"I'm reaching that age, as Elder Maxwell said, where I can't hide my own Easter eggs."

No comments:

Post a Comment