Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Magic of Christmas

I haven't been feelin it.

nada

zip

zilch

nothing

until today.  

I've been going through these past couple weeks hanging out with friends, listening to Christmas music, spending time with family, and even doing service, but it just didn't feel like Christmas this year.

I want to blame the lack of snow.

stupid non-snow. Who do you think you are?

best snow on earth, yeah... riiiight. Thanks Utah. Once again for the dissapointments.

anyway, back to what I was saying. I wasn't feelin Christmas. Yeah I gave a talk about Christmas and it made that Sunday wonderful. Thinking about the birth of Christ, meaning of Christmas, and enjoying the holiday made all the difference that day.  The following days, however, didn't really produce much "Christmas Spirit" I was thinking about Christ, being kind, listening to jingle bells, but yet nothing was really all that special.

I figured it out today. I've been participating in every part of Christmas except for the giving part, which is a pretty important part if you ask me. I gave my first gift 2 days ago to my brothers and the Christmas magic started to happen. Tomorrow I'm getting a gift for my dad and hoping to get flowers for my mom.I have a gift to finish still... (Sorry Linds, its in progress! Blame the bow-tie knowledge lacking skills) and some to give tomorrow.

Yes, Christmas is over, but it's never too late to give.

2 comments:

  1. I love Kari Kane. I am also glad you posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's more to come. I have like 8 different posts in my drafts.. I'll get around to them eventually.

    ReplyDelete